...my pursuit of a better me...

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Low morale needs... intense workout!

I know I've said this once before, but my morale has been down. I'm very thankful for the long weekend; I really think I need it. Caveat: in the past, a "long weekend" meant a whole lot of doing nothing. But, I am not going the let myself indulge my body's desire to lay around!

Today was not a great eating day; not because I ate a bunch of crap, but because I didn't get the protein, the water, or the amount of food I need and should be striving for.

Breakfast: leftover popcorn and skim milk.
Mid-morning snack: apple
Lunch: Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and salmon sushi from Whole Foods, and a teeny tiny cheese cake that Veronica bought for Rob and me. ***Note, does anyone know how to politely decline a gift? I struggled with it, and ultimately just accepted. For those who know me, I don't really even care for sweets, so it wasn't tempting... it was just a sweet gesture that I didn't want to decline.
Dinner: Macaroni Grill - Pollo Limone Rustica pasta: penne, lemon cream sauce, lemon zest, red peppers, chicken; half a glass of Riesling.

Ok, yes; dinner was not good. But, I had water, no appetizer, and only a bit of their bread. Steve could tell you that typically I'll have lemonade (holy sugar!), split an appetizer, salad, and my pasta = terrible. I am struggling with "that voice" in my head with regard to food, though. Here's a good analogy: you know when the alarm goes off and you haven't had enough sleep? And "that voice" comes up with the most ridiculous rationales for closing your eyes again after turning off the alarm. Then BAM! It's an hour later and you hate yourself for listening to the ridiculous voice. THAT'S how "the voice" works in my head about food. I am going to try to master it. It's... well, it's been my struggle for years now. Other issues with my food intake today: not enough of it, spread out. My body should not have needed to growl or overly-crave/rationale the pasta.

Workout: Ab Crusher WOD
10 KB get ups
2 burpees
8 KB get ups
4 burpess
6 KB get ups
6 burpees
4 KB get ups
8 burpees
2 KB get ups
10 burpees

Time: 11:23! (I totally beat Ronda's time! **She usually beats me on everything)

Then, I did assisted pull-ups on the pull-up machine: 4 PUs, on setting 12. I think I could've done one more... I should've.

On a different note, I have a wonderful man in my life. Today, he asked me if I've seen a package come to the apartment. No, I have not. Of course I ask "of what?!" So, he tells me: he ordered a "Love Languages" calendar. Michelle will appreciate this for sure. Apparently, on each day there is a question/prompt for us to learn something about the other. So loving. It made me cry for the 3rd time tonight - hurray for it being a good reason, finally!

Xo.

2 comments:

  1. A love languages calendar?!?! Steve totally deserves cupcakes without having to complete a chore! lol That's awesome! Candi, you are doing an amazing job. Seriously. You inspire and convict me.. especially since I am sitting here typing and eating sour patch watermelon gummies. oops!! At least I admitted it. But seriously, I've been off the bandwagon and you make me want to get back on! Keep up the awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh...yes you're right. I'll have to make those Tosca-approved ones you had for us the other night! My goodness, those were so tasty. Thanks for the encouragement! Sour Patch Watermelon Gummies?! Oh dear...

    ReplyDelete