...my pursuit of a better me...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I feel encouraged..

Today is the first day of following my own progress! It started off well; I jogged on the treadmill for 30 min this morning, to make up for not doing it last night. To be totally fair, I'll admit that walked a total of about 5:30 min of this 30 min... BUT, in the last 5 min of the run, I increased my speed by one "point" each min. And, the last 30 seconds I upped it to a sprint. It helped to listen to my 90s mix on my ipod - Nirvana, Oasis, Green Day... The best part was, when I jumped off my treadmill, a neighbor from the apartment complex (40s male, stranger) working out on the elliptical turned to me to say "good push!" Totally made my morning.

For today's scheduled workout, I finally joined CPT Conner and my other co-workers/comrades for some Cross Fit. WHEW!
Here it is:

4x for total time:
400m run
15 squats
My time: 13:56

Here's what I ate:
Breakfast: toasted English muffin sandwich - sliced turkey & ham, tomato, 1/2 slice of pepperjack cheese, tomato, red onion
Mid-morning snack: 1c quinoa salad: quinoa, snow peas, tomato, olive oil, vinegar, sea salt
11:30am snack (lunch had to be late today): "Lite n Fit" yogurt cup
Lunch @ 1:10pm: salmon, Dijon-mustard glazed Brussels sprouts, and lemon-garlic broccoli from Whole Foods
Dinner: pan-cooked salmon (again, I know... it was all I had thawed!), pan-cooked portabella mushrooms, steamed zucchini, and 1/2c curried quinoa salad, skim milk
H20 intake: 48oz. (so far)...uh-oh, that's only about 1.4L. Dangit.

Going to get more water! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment